Saturday, September 15, 2012

Travels in 2013

So that you can make plans for your travel in 2013, I didn't want to keep the many "knitters and friends" waiting any longer for details.

I am pleased to announce that the day-by-day itineraries for Wales and Scotland are now on my website. I'm not able to give tour costs yet--but expect those very soon. However, hotel rooms have been confirmed, coaches booked and personal visits arranged. It will be another memorable year for travelling and knitting--two unique opportunities to tour special parts of Wales and Scotland! Have a look at my website: www.joycejamestours.com to learn about the many highlights of these tours.

The 2011 version of Wales: History, Heritage, Handicrafts sold out early. For 2013, I've included a number of favourite stops and have added more venues that we just didn't have time to visit last year. This tour begins on Friday, 26 April and ends on Wednesday, 08 May. The starting date will give us the opportunity to attend Wonderwool Wales--an outstanding annual event. 

As I've indicated before, the upcoming Scottish Skeins & Skerries Tour will mark the 15th time it's been held. I've scheduled this tour for July. It's an ideal time to visit these special areas of Scotland and places where many people have not had the opportunity to experience.  

Don't miss out on either trip as tour sizes are limited. Please email me and let me know if you have any questions, and if you wish to make a provisional registration for either tour: knitting@joycejamestours.com.

Kate Davies' blog: http://katedaviesdesigns.com, has photographs of a knitted fence from the island of Burra, designed by one of the many talented Shetland knitters. When I'm on Shetland next month I'm going to go by and have a look, plus am looking forward to meeting Kate, as she is the 2012 patron of Wool Week.

No comments: