Sunday, July 11, 2010

Prince Edward Island

If you came on last year's 'Maritime Memories' tour to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island--and even if you didn't--you may want to tune into the TV program, 'Live with Regis and Kelly' starting on Monday morning, 12 July. I don't follow the program, but their venue for the week will be the provincial capital of Charlottetown.

I think I will tune in tomorrow, just to see what's planned. I understand that the Government of P.E.I. has paid $800,000 and the Government of Canada, $200,000 to the organizers of the show to film there. The justification was that it would stimulate tourism numbers. It would be regrettable if the island attracted too many visitors. I think I can speak for the members of our tour, that the beauty of the setting, the friendliness of the people and the many amenities speak for themselves.

Still on the topic of P.E.I., I read in the Globe & Mail that the Culinary Institue of Canada, located in Charlottetown, is offering one-day cooking 'boot camps' to learn the rudiments of kitchen fundamentals and tips, plus preparation of some delicious dishes. Sounds like fun!

No comments: