Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm still here.......

I knew I hadn't posted to my blog for awhile, but didn't realize it had been just over a month until I signed in today.

I have been busy knitting and have finished the mitred squares for another piecework blanket. This time it's a larger version: 80 squares. I've picked up the stitches on one side for the border, but am not not happy with the colour I've chosen and will probably unravel it. Even though one reason for working on this project was to use up my stash, I've hardly left a dent in the supply! I have piled the yarn which I wanted to use in a basket and it looks as though I could knit several more blankets. I've yet to secure the ends, complete the border and then I plan to line it with flannelette.

I've also been doing a lot of reading and earlier this week was very happy to see the latest copy of the Slip Knot, the journal of the Knitting & Crochet Guild of the U.K. in my mailbox. It was full of a number of interesting articles and contact information. Even though it's not inexpensive to have a subscription sent to North America, I think it is a worthwhile publication to support--perhaps local knitting guilds could consider this. More about this issue in future blogs.
Their website is at: www.knitting-and-crochet-guild.org.uk.

I've just heard that the V&A Museum in London is marking the 100 years of Harris Tweed production. (Thanks Barb S.!) This event is part of a number of celebrations recognizing this iconic fabric.

No comments: