Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tours to Scotland & Wales

Finally, I've been able to send Garth (my talented website guy) the details for both tours in 2011 and expect them to be on my website: www.joycejamestours.com within a couple of days. I apologize for the repeated delays having the details and registration available, however I assure you they will both be special trips. Both itineraries are on my website.

We'll visit Wales from May 13th to 23rd, and an optional three-day extension to London is planned. This unique itinerary will include memorable travel through the Welsh valleys, visiting small picturesque towns, weaving and quilt centres, yarn sources, castles built by King Edward I to establish English dominance and control the 'feisty' Welsh, and much, much more! Come with us to this proud land of poetry and song.

The important flight reservations on Loganair have finally been confirmed and the Scottish Skeins & Skerries Tour (the fourteenth time it's been held) is scheduled for July 1st to 18th. I've revised our itinerary slightly and have added a day trip to the islands of Unst and Yell, the mostly northerly in the U.K. As in previous years, we'll be meeting with members of the Shetland Guild of Spinners, Weavers & Dyers in addition to two half-day workshops with talented knitters of Fair Isle and Shetland lace. We'll also visit Orkney and the Outer Hebridean islands of Harris & Lewis.

There is limited space on both tours, don't miss out!

No comments: