Sunday, February 10, 2013

A disappointment

Although I've knit a lot over the years, I have only knit about four pairs of socks and wanted to learn more, so I bought this book. At present, I'm knitting the sock on the cover for one of my grandaughters. The disappointment comes as I think the book shows poor editing--I purchased the amount of yarn specified even though I thought it sounded like a lot. It was! I'll have enough to probably knit four pairs of this design. I appreciate that my sample is small, but I expected more from Ann Budd and Deborah Newton, who I've long admired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest you Google Errata with the book's title.
You might find the error had already been detected.
Diane

Joyce James said...

Hi Diane, Yes I did check Errata but there was no reference to the pattern I was knitting. JIJ

Joyce James said...

Hi Diane, Yes I did check Errata but there was no reference to the pattern I was knitting. JIJ