Monday, May 24, 2010

I've been knitting


This was a good project while I was travelling.
I'd purchased the pattern from Marilyn King of Black Water Abbey Yarns, http://www.abbeyyarns.com/. The design is by 'Two Old Bags' and is called 'Garden Party Shawl'. There were two options for the edging--one a picot and the other, which I used, a ruffle. I made some changes: shortened the project so it was not a whole shawl but rather a neckerchief, and added extra stitches and another row to the lower ruffle to make it fuller.
The yarn was from Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino line, in two colours: Blue Vesuvius and Royal Blue. I found the yarn excellent to knit with--it neither split nor broke, especially as it was under great strain when I was doing the ruffles.
Since this was a shorter project, I had yarn left over. I'm using it in a pattern called 'A Patchwork Blanket', designed to use up the many bits and pieces of yarn remaining from other knitting projects. I have accumulated lots of that!

No comments: